I’ve been appreciating morning light more and more lately. I’ve been trying to slow down and appreciate the little things. A small list of things I’ve been noticing.
1. Pouring myself a glass of wine before making dinner, putting on the Midnight in Paris soundtrack and taking my time sure does feel good.
2. What does it matter if I start making dinner at 9 at night?
3. Having a moment in between seating’s during service at work to take a breath, drink some water and see everyone out front enjoying their dinner feels great. Time slows down.
4. Getting a carton of fresh eggs from the farmers market is like a dream. Those yolks! So bright. I can hardly imagine scrambling or letting them get lost in baking. I want to see them and appreciate them in full. Sunny side up, please.
5. Saturday afternoon, it’s gloomy outside. I’m just arriving at work. The window is open, the cool air coming in, pasta needs to be rolled. It’s tedious. But Saturday at the Met is playing on CBC and boy do I love my job.
6. I am thankful to have somebody to make me breakfast for supper when I don’t get home until 11 at night. Pancakes by moonlight, what a dreamboat.
Life is good.